Apply changes in other files in a batch
Thread poster: Carol Chen

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:44
English to Chinese
Sep 24, 2007

It may sounds a bit unreasonable. But now I'm handling a large amount of SDLX files. Could I apply updated translation to all the same segments in other files without opening those files?

Direct link Reply with quote

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:44
English to French
+ ...
not possible Sep 24, 2007

Hi Carol,

I am afraid you cannot apply the TM on a batch of files, since you must have acquired the standard freelancer licence (?), which does not include the Apply module. If you don't have the Professional edition of SDL Trados, you have to open each file indivivually to apply the TM.

Cheers,

Annelise

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Is it OK with Professional edition? Sep 24, 2007

Hi Annelise,

Thanks for your reply!I'm using its free version now. Do you mean that the function is available for Professional edition?Thanks in advance!

Regards
Carol

Annelise Meyer wrote:

Hi Carol,

I am afraid you cannot apply the TM on a batch of files, since you must have acquired the standard freelancer licence (?), which does not include the Apply module. If you don't have the Professional edition of SDL Trados, you have to open each file indivivually to apply the TM.

Cheers,

Annelise

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:44
English to French
+ ...
Yes it is Sep 24, 2007

Hi Carol,

ys it is ! If you are using the Professional edition, you can use the Apply module to apply the TM on a batch of files. The wizare-type interface is pretty easy to use.

Annelise

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 24, 2007

Hi Annelise,

Thanks!It sounds attractive. Currently, I could not afford it. Maybe I would consider it in future.

Regards

Carol

Annelise Meyer wrote:

Hi Carol,

ys it is ! If you are using the Professional edition, you can use the Apply module to apply the TM on a batch of files. The wizare-type interface is pretty easy to use.

Annelise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apply changes in other files in a batch

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs