Mobile menu

SDL Trados 2007 Professional - how many licences will I need?
Thread poster: Ansgar Knirim

Ansgar Knirim  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 24, 2007

Hello, I am just starting work on a big project with my partner. We will have to work with two entities of Trados/SDLX in a network, sharing one translation memory. I learned that two entities of Trados 2007 Freelance will not work together properly, so what software will I have to buy in addition to my existing Freelance licence? The worst case would be having to buy one upgrade Freelance->Professional and another Professional full version, which would cost me in excess of 5000 EUR. Would this really be necessary? Or can the Professional license be used on two computers simultaneously, which would mean that would I only have to buy one upgrade?
Or does anybody know about a workaround?
Trados sales support seems to be unavailable...
TYIA

[Bearbeitet am 2007-09-24 14:02]

Direct link Reply with quote

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Buy another freelancer licence Sep 25, 2007

Hi,

you are right, though you can install the same freelancer version (2007 only) on 2 computers, you won't be able to work simultaneously on the same network. If you've already got your freelancer licence, I think it best (cheaper) for your partner to acquire his or her own freelancer licence...

Did you try the support centre: support.sdl.com? It could help as well.

Regards,
Annelise

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Erratum Sep 26, 2007

Annelise Meyer wrote:

Hi,

you are right, though you can install the same freelancer version (2007 only) on 2 computers, you won't be able to work simultaneously on the same network. If you've already got your freelancer licence, I think it best (cheaper) for your partner to acquire his or her own freelancer licence...

Did you try the support centre: support.sdl.com? It could help as well.

Regards,
Annelise

Hi,

I checked with the SDL support and it is not possible for 2 translators using the freelancer version to work simultaneously on the same LAN. They want thus to prevent agencies from buying freelancer versions instead of the professional.

Annelise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Professional - how many licences will I need?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs