mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:56
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 25, 2007

Hi everyone!

I might have to totally "wipe out" my hard-drive and reinstall everything in my computer, due to a virus.

I have never reinstalled Trados and when I tried to install it in my 2nd computer, I had trouble, so I am afraid of making mistakes there.

Can anyone please point out the steps to make sure that everything is backed-up properly, including licenses, etc.

Thank you for your attention!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 23:56
English to Indonesian
+ ...
tm and lic Sep 25, 2007

i think you can just back up the tm and lic file. to decrease size, you can convert the tm to txt.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:56
Italian to English
What version of Trados? Sep 25, 2007

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

i think you can just back up the tm and lic file. to decrease size, you can convert the tm to txt.

What you need to do depends on the version of Trados that you have. If you've got the latest version, SDL Trados 2007, you'll need to return your licence and reactivate it.

Take a look at:

Answer ID 2155

Back up your TMs as well, of course.

HTH

Giles

[Edited at 2007-09-25 07:56]

Ulrich Roos
German
Save your settings Sep 25, 2007

You can also save all your Workbench settings to an ini file. To do so launch Workbench and press the key F8. You will be prompted to save the file.

After you have reinstalled your computer you can load the settings by launching Workbench making sure that you have no TM open and then with the key command [Shift] + [F8] you may reload your settings.

I hope this helps.

Ulrich

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:56
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Sep 25, 2007

But, all I need to know is how to make sure I will be able to reinstall Trados after I restore my computer. I don't care about my Trados WB/TE configurations nor TMs.

The question is:

By merely preserving my TRADOS folder on Program Files, is that enough to reinstall the program?

My Trados is 7.1.0.719

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
It could be enough but... Sep 25, 2007

mopc wrote:

But, all I need to know is how to make sure I will be able to reinstall Trados after I restore my computer. I don't care about my Trados WB/TE configurations nor TMs.

The question is:

By merely preserving my TRADOS folder on Program Files, is that enough to reinstall the program?

My Trados is 7.1.0.719

Reinstall Trados if you want to be sure. Take a look at:

Answer ID 1606

You will need to have the Trados 7.1.0.719 exe file on your computer. You can always download it from your customer account at SDL Trados if it isn't on your restored hard disk. Keep a note of where your licence file is and point Trados to it when you have finished the installation.

Good luck,

Giles

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Backing Up and Reinstalling Trados

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums