Thread poster: Muge Portakaloglu
Muge Portakaloglu
Muge Portakaloglu
United States
Local time: 15:18
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 25, 2007

We are currently using SDL Trados 7.0 version. In the attachment, you will find the screenshot of the problem we have had. Despite the options in the Workbench ->Options -> Translation memory options -> subsitition localisation were disactivated, the problem still exists.

The segments which contain dates only, are being considered as a tag and when we want a file to fuzzy from the source file;

1 - The dates in the target segments are coming wrong though the translation
... See more
We are currently using SDL Trados 7.0 version. In the attachment, you will find the screenshot of the problem we have had. Despite the options in the Workbench ->Options -> Translation memory options -> subsitition localisation were disactivated, the problem still exists.

The segments which contain dates only, are being considered as a tag and when we want a file to fuzzy from the source file;

1 - The dates in the target segments are coming wrong though the translation has been done correctly, and the segment is 99% fuzzy match, not 100%
2 - The dates in the target segments (e.g. May 09, 2007) are coming as 09.05.07 and 100% fuzzy match, although they were translated as 9 Mayıs 2007.
3 - In some corrected segments, the dates are correct but the segment is 99% fuzzy match, not 100%, and that causes a lot time to spend during the translation process.

Could you please provide us helpful information about how we can handle with these problems?

Thanks in advance...
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 21:18
German
+ ...
No screenshot, but... Sep 25, 2007

Your posting did not contain a screenshot, but I suggest you turn off all substitutions except Numbers in File|Setup...|Substitutions.

HTH,
Benjamin

Muge Portakaloglu
Muge Portakaloglu
United States
Local time: 15:18
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Sep 25, 2007

Very sorry ...I tried to add it now but I couldn't....How can I attach my screenshot to my question?

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 21:18
German
+ ...
You have to host it somewhere Sep 25, 2007

This forum system has no facility for attaching images (although I wish it did, if you forum gods are reading this).

You have to upload the file to a Web server of your choice and then make a posting with the URL to the picture in img tags like this:
[img]http://www.thisiswheremy.pic/is/hosted.jpg[/img]

(that's just an example, obviously).

Anyway, have you tried my suggestion on File|Setup... already?

B

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Date error in trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »