Editing tags in Tageditor
Thread poster: Nathalya

Nathalya  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 28, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I'm translating an RTF-document in Tageditor (English into Dutch). In the English text, there's a tag (

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Do not use tags in forum postings. Sep 30, 2007

Nathalya wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I'm translating an RTF-document in Tageditor (English into Dutch). In the English text, there's a tag (:xr) containing English text, between quotation marks "Navigating through menus", that needs to be translated into Dutch.

I have tried just about everything, but I fail to edit this tag...

Is this tag non-translatable? The company for whom I make the assignment wrote in their guidelines:

"In the case of straight quotes there seems to be no specific tag available. You should be able to insert them into the STF document by just typing " on the keyboard. Then they will normally be rendered correctly as straight quotes in the FrameMaker MIF document."

As the source document indicates, this definitely has to be translated ("Navigating through menus").

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Your posting was cut off because you used pointed brackets without specifying them as code - please check the [url?]info[/url] provided on how to post on the posting form.

Best regards,

[Edited at 2007-09-30 20:56]

Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Ancillary Oct 1, 2007

you should translate this tag text in the ancillary file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing tags in Tageditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs