Nathalya
Nathalya  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 07:30
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 28, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I'm translating an RTF-document in Tageditor (English into Dutch). In the English text, there's a tag (

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Do not use tags in forum postings. Sep 30, 2007

Nathalya wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I'm translating an RTF-document in Tageditor (English into Dutch). In the English text, there's a tag (:xr) containing English text, between quotation marks "Navigating through menus", that needs to be translated into Dutch.

I have tried just about everything, but I fail to edit this tag...

Is this tag non-translatable? The company for whom I make the assignment wrote in their guidelines:

"In the case of straight quotes there seems to be no specific tag available. You should be able to insert them into the STF document by just typing " on the keyboard. Then they will normally be rendered correctly as straight quotes in the FrameMaker MIF document."

As the source document indicates, this definitely has to be translated ("Navigating through menus").

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Your posting was cut off because you used pointed brackets without specifying them as code - please check the [url?http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/faq#bbcode]info[/url] provided on how to post on the posting form.

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2007-09-30 20:56]

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Ancillary Oct 1, 2007

Hello,

you should translate this tag text in the ancillary file.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing tags in Tageditor

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »