Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:24
Member (2004)
English to French
Oct 1, 2007

Hi,

Have you ever managed to make the concordance tool work in SDLX? I saw in the help files that I had to index the TM, which I have done. But if I search (with F7 or Shift + F7) a word which I know I have translated before, I do not get any results.

Have you had better luck ?

Laure

PS: I use SDLX 2007

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Do you update your TM? Oct 1, 2007

Hi Laure,

Actually, concordance search in SDLX works like a charm.

Could it be that you don't update your TM and therefore can't find terms through concordance search? Contrary to Trados, TMs are not updated by default in SDLX. You need to activate automatic TM update. To do so, go to Tools > Options > Automation and check Automatic TM Update.

HTH

Regards,
Claudia

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Claudia Oct 1, 2007

I was updating my TM by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U now and then. Thank you for the tip on automatic updates though.

I have now worked out what the problem was: the minimum match value for Concordance was set too high.

Thank you for your help,
Laure

Annelise Meyer
Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Think of indexing as well Oct 1, 2007

Hi Laure,

another thing you might think of when you create your TMs within SDLX Maintain is indexing both languages. By default, Maintain only indexes the source language. But you need to index the target language as well so as to be able to perform concordance search in the target. To do this, pick the tools menu in Maintain, and choose the Index sub-menu.

Cheers,

Annelise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance in SDLX

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »