Mobile menu

SDL Trados 2006 + Multiterm 7, a bad combination?
Thread poster: Rosa Diez Tagarro

Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:13
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2007

Hello!

I've been searching this forum and other dedicated forums in the Internet looking for an answer to my problem and I haven't been able to find one (I've noticed there are several problems regarding Multiterm, but not specifically this one).

I have SDL Trados 2006 (7.5.0, Build 759) and I downloaded MultiTerm 7 (7.1.0, Build 361) since I thought that was the suitable version to use now (couldn't use my older one after upgrading to SDL Trados 2006, in fact I haven't been using MultiTerm for months, now, because I had too much work to check this and I find all this stuff so user-unfriendly...). I use Windows XP.

The thing is that I can open databases with my Multiterm, but I cannot get the term recognition in TWB (I get the window, but nothing else). I am beginning to think these two don't get along Any ideas?

On a different note, I haven't upgraded to Trados 2007 since I have read in many places that people are having trouble with this new version and I got afraid that would happen to me. Would you recommend the upgrade?

Please advise!

Thank you very much,

Rosa

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Works for me Oct 1, 2007

Hi Rosa,

I have SDL Trados 2006 (7.5.0, Build 759) and I downloaded MultiTerm 7 (7.1.0, Build 361)

That's exactly the combination I'm using, also under WinXP - no problems at all.

The thing is that I can open databases with my Multiterm, but I cannot get the term recognition in TWB (I get the window, but nothing else). I am beginning to think these two don't get along Any ideas?

Have you selected a termbase in Workbench, making sure the language pair is set the right way around?

Best regards,
Ralf

Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
good to hear! ;) Oct 1, 2007

Hi, Ralf,

Thanks for answering. If it works for you, that's good news, it should work for me too! I was getting really worried, here.

I've checked the TWB. I had selected the termbase I wanted to use under Term Recognition Options and I had also activated Term recognition. So that should be right.

You have made me realise one thing, though, my TM is German (Switzerland) and my termbase is plain German, could that be the problem? If so, would you know how to change that?

Thanks a lot!

Rosa

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Pass... Oct 1, 2007

Hi again,

You have made me realise one thing, though, my TM is German (Switzerland) and my termbase is plain German, could that be the problem?

Possibly.

If so, would you know how to change that?

Pass on that one, I'm afraid.

Sorry...
Ralf

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Question one: yes, it will work Oct 1, 2007

So your TM Germn Switzerland and terminology in German will work.

Answer for the second one has to be found out here. So far I have it I'll come back here.

Best regards
Jerzy

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 15:13
English to Indonesian
+ ...
edit the tm Oct 2, 2007

Rosa Diez Tagarro wrote:

Hi, Ralf,

Thanks for answering. If it works for you, that's good news, it should work for me too! I was getting really worried, here.

I've checked the TWB. I had selected the termbase I wanted to use under Term Recognition Options and I had also activated Term recognition. So that should be right.

You have made me realise one thing, though, my TM is German (Switzerland) and my termbase is plain German, could that be the problem? If so, would you know how to change that?

Thanks a lot!

Rosa

if you can change your tm, that would be easy. just export the tm to txt, then replace all german (switzerland) language code to that of german. import it back to new tm, and try again.
unfortunately, i don't have any suggestion on changing the termbase, in case you can't/don't want to change your tm.

Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
just tried Oct 2, 2007

Hi, Mulyadi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried that and it wouldn't work, either.

What if the problem was that the TM is a multilanguage one? It has never happened to me before, though...

I really have no idea how to make this work, but I guess my conclusion so far (after all your inputs) is that the termbase is to blame (since I can use a new termbase created by me and then everything works fine).

Rosa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2006 + Multiterm 7, a bad combination?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs