Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:50
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 2, 2007

Hi all!
I've just bought Trados 2007 and Multiterm and I installed both..or it appears I tried to install both.
In fact, although Trados has its own license, when I try to start Multiterm extract to transform other glossaries into multiterm format, it states I've no license.
How can I find the license number and where am I supposed to insert it during the installation process, as I was not required to do it except when I installed Trados workbench?
Thanks for replying
Lucia

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
MultiTerm Exract requires another license Oct 2, 2007

Hi Lucia,

MultiTerm Extract is a separate program (so to say, it has nothing to do with MultiTerm included in SDL Trados). You need to purchase a separate licence.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/products/sdlmultitermextract/

Giuliana

Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm problems anyway Oct 2, 2007

This was not very clear in the offer from Trados as it was stated Multiterm 7 (and no exceptions were indicated) .
When I try to open Multiterm in workbench (Options > Term recognition Options) workbench shuts down stating there is an error. (error number 2147467259) even when I try to insert MULTITERM 7

This is a big problem as I bought Trados to use Multiterm mainly !!
Do you know how to do ?
I've many glossaries to be used and I'm really upset about all this !

Thanks
Lucia

xxxLatin_Hellas
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
Common Problem, Already Discussed Oct 2, 2007

Lucia Messuti wrote:

This was not very clear in the offer from Trados as it was stated Multiterm 7 (and no exceptions were indicated) .
When I try to open Multiterm in workbench (Options > Term recognition Options) workbench shuts down stating there is an error. (error number 2147467259) even when I try to insert MULTITERM 7

This is a big problem as I bought Trados to use Multiterm mainly !!
Do you know how to do ?
I've many glossaries to be used and I'm really upset about all this !

Thanks
Lucia

Hi Lucia,

This problem was discussed, with the offer of effective solutions, around mid-August/early September. Do a forum search or scroll down the SDL Trados Support forum and you should find it.

I had the same problem and solved it with one of the solutions offered. I also learned, to my chagrin, that in any case Multiterm does not really interface with Word in an effective way, at least in the way that I think is effective.

Nonetheless, you can solve the problem of interface with Workbench.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
error number 2147467259 Oct 2, 2007

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Thanks
Lucia

Try looking at Answer 2163 and the related answers.

HTH

Giles
PS
Answer 2163 tells you to uninstall and delete the MtMaster.mdb file. This is where you will find the file (from the MultiTerm manual):

The master database file, MTMaster.mdb, is a prerequisite for local termbase creation in
MultiTerm. This database is automatically created on your local computer during the installation of
MultiTerm, by default on C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL
International\MultiTerm\Termbases\; individual termbases are then created using MultiTerm. For
each termbase that you create in MultiTerm, a reference is maintained in the MultiTerm master
database.

[Edited at 2007-10-02 10:56]

Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's corss fingers: it seems ok Oct 2, 2007

I've uninstalled MT and reinstalled it and now it seems it runs.
How can I get glossaries I used for Wordfast? They are txt files. Or perhaps I can transform them in some way?
Thanks
Lucia

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Chapter Three of the MultiTerm manual... Oct 2, 2007

Lucia Messuti wrote:

I've uninstalled MT and reinstalled it and now it seems it runs.
How can I get glossaries I used for Wordfast? They are txt files. Or perhaps I can transform them in some way?
Thanks
Lucia

... will tell you all about how to import glossaries.

The MultiTerm Convert wizard - in the Programmi\SDL International\SDL MultiTerm 2007 icon group - will handle tab-delimited text (*.txt) but you might want to copy your Wordfast glossaries into Excel spreadsheets before importing them.

HTH

Giles

[Edited at 2007-10-02 13:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Multiterm extract

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs