https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/85643-tageditor_with_word_double_word_count.html

TagEditor with Word - Double word count
Thread poster: pkb (X)
pkb (X)
pkb (X)

Local time: 04:36
French to English
Oct 4, 2007

I am using TagEditor 8.0.0.826 to translate some Word files, in which all the text is in text boxes (Word gives a word count of 0 - very useful !).

There are about 20 different files and so, initially, I was not surprised that the Trados analysis gave 50% repetition. But, once I started translating the files, I found that the text in each file was repeated. No wonder there was 50% repetition !!

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I get at the true word count? Just
... See more
I am using TagEditor 8.0.0.826 to translate some Word files, in which all the text is in text boxes (Word gives a word count of 0 - very useful !).

There are about 20 different files and so, initially, I was not surprised that the Trados analysis gave 50% repetition. But, once I started translating the files, I found that the text in each file was repeated. No wonder there was 50% repetition !!

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I get at the true word count? Just halve Trados's figures?

MTIA for any suggestions.

Philip
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor with Word - Double word count

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »