Changing of font size
Thread poster: alessandra bocco

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:44
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 5, 2007

Sometimes, when I open a new TU, the font size changes without apparent reason. The original sentence is, for instance, Arial 10...the translation I write comes out in Arial 12 (or the opposite). I really do not understand why and why this happens only from time to time: 3-4 sentences keep the original font size and the following one is changed... Any ideas? It's not a big problem, I only have to change the size in Word, but it's quite annoying to do it continuously!

Direct link Reply with quote

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:44
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
It's not just the font size... Oct 7, 2007

Hi Alessandra,

The official explanation is that unexpected and unpredictable font changes are related to the original style of the document, and are due to manual format changes made by the document's author instead of applying styles. In your case, the original style (Arial 12) may have been manually changed to Arial 10, and it simply reverted to its original format.

Forum experts suggested applying styles to your document before you start translating. This, however will not completely solve the problem. I usually have to reformat the whole document at the end, anyway, which is a pain.

Best regards,
Sandra

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:44
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sandra Oct 8, 2007

That's what I usually do... So I'll keep on doing it... I hoped it was possible to do something to solve the problem!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing of font size

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs