Thread poster: Norbert Hermann
Norbert Hermann
Norbert Hermann  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:43
English to German
+ ...
Oct 6, 2007

build=8.0.0.826

I am working with a colleague on a larger project. We both use Trados 8 (same build). I have now received the first TM export from my colleague and wasn’t able to import it into Workbench. After the attempted import it tells me 0 imported, 0 processed, 0 updated.

But when looking at the size of the text file and the content I can see that there are quite a lot of additional entries.

What is going on? Has anybody an idea?

... See more
build=8.0.0.826

I am working with a colleague on a larger project. We both use Trados 8 (same build). I have now received the first TM export from my colleague and wasn’t able to import it into Workbench. After the attempted import it tells me 0 imported, 0 processed, 0 updated.

But when looking at the size of the text file and the content I can see that there are quite a lot of additional entries.

What is going on? Has anybody an idea?

Cheers

Norbert
Collapse

Ayob Salleh
Ayob Salleh  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:43
English to Malay
TM Import fail Oct 6, 2007

Pls check whether the languange of your TM is the same.

This may be indicated by the nation flag when you launch trados.

Norbert Hermann
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, ... Oct 6, 2007

Ayob Salleh wrote:
check languange of TM

... it is the same.

Should add this version is SP1.

Norbert Hermann
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found a solution Oct 7, 2007

For anybody with the same problem I found a solution while browsing through the threads.

Thank you Marina!!

http://www.proz.com/topic/85925

I did just that - saved the txt file in Unicode and the import worked perfectly!

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:43
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It´s not my solution Oct 7, 2007

Hermann wrote:

For anybody with the same problem I found a solution while browsing through the threads.

Thank you Marina!!

http://www.proz.com/topic/85925

I did just that - saved the txt file in Unicode and the import worked perfectly!

Thank you, but the credit is not mine. I was offered that solution here at Proz a few days ago. Glad it solved your problem.

Regards,
Marina

Norbert Hermann
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you just the same ... Oct 8, 2007

Marina Soldati wrote:
Thank you, but the credit is not mine.

.... it made it easier to find the right answer.

For anybody who might be wondering about the unicode format:

I received the TM export (created in Trados 8) in "unicode big endian" which I tried to import into Trados 8 at my end, however, my installation only liked it in the simple unicode format.

N.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 (Trados 8 ) TM import failed

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »