Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 07:38
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 7, 2007

Hi,
when I use Trados version 7 with Word files, I get rubbish, this fault does not exist when I use Trados version 6.5, now I have to translate Word files using Trados version 7 but unfortunately every time I open and transalte into Arabic, I found it is nonsense (rubbish), I can not work, can any one help me please??
How I can use Trados version 7 (full version not trial one) through Word files?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Hani Hassaan

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-07 09:22]

Direct link Reply with quote

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 08:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
Screen shot Oct 7, 2007

Hi Hani,

Can you please send me a screen shot of rubbish word file + workbench error message (if any). I already use Trados 7.

Initially, try to "Reorganise". File>>Reorganise

Regards

[Edited at 2007-10-07 09:50]

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:38
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Corrupted characters Oct 7, 2007

Hi Hani,

If your are using a TM created with Trados 6.5 in Trados 7 and by rubbish you mean corrupted characters, try exporting the TM with Trados 6.5, opening the txt file with Notepad and saving it as unicode. Then import the new TM into Trados 7.
I don´t know if this will solve the problem in Trados 7, but it works with Trados 8.0.
If corrupted characters is not the problem, disregard everything I´ve posted.
Regards,
Marina

Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 07:38
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
how can I save the Word file with tags after copied it in Notpad with unicode? Oct 7, 2007

Hi Dear Ahmed and Marina,
all your solutions are fine, I tried solution of Ahmed but it does not help, concerning Marina's solution, it is working but there is a file with tags in word, and when I saved it as unicode in Notepad then copied and saved it in another word file, the tags disappeared, so how can I save it with tags??

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 08:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
It is not as you got it Oct 7, 2007

Hani Hassaan wrote:

concerning Marina's solution, it is working but there is a file with tags in word, and when I saved it as unicode in Notepad then copied and saved it in another word file, the tags disappeared, so how can I save it with tags??

Hi Hani,
You should not save Word as Unicode. However, export 6.5 TM and save it as Unicode then import it via Workbench 7.0

HTH

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:38
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What do you mean by rubbish? Oct 7, 2007

Hi again!

Could you please explain what you mean by rubbish? It´ll be easier to help you if you explain, step by step, what you do to obtain that rubbish.
And, as Ahmad explained, it´s the TM you`ve got to save as unicode with Notepad, not the Word document.

Marina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File contents garbled when using Trados 7 with Word files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs