Mobile menu

ppt file is empty after "save as target" in Tageditor
Thread poster: French Foodie
French Foodie  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
French to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2007

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I didn't find it in a forum search.

I am trying to translate ppt files using Tageditor (Trados 2007, Windows XP). I translate the files, then "save as target" and overwrite the existing file. When I open the file in PowerPoint, the file is blank! Just empty text boxes. But I know my translation is in my TM because I checked using the concordance feature.
This is a long project consisting of many short ppt docs, so I would really like to be able to use my TM. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Clean it Oct 8, 2007

Dear Mara,

Why don´t you try cleaning the file with Workbench. It might work, but make a copy first, just in case.
This procedure works with xml files, I have never tried with ppt though.

French Foodie  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Oct 9, 2007

Thanks, Marina, that did the trick.

Haiyang Ai  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
Overwrite Nov 19, 2007

Don't overwrite the existing file, just create another one instead, in case you lose you work. Overwrite will destroy the original file. Only delete files when you're absolutley sure.

English to Chinese translator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ppt file is empty after "save as target" in Tageditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs