TRADOS and Czech: IT_CZ.log vs IT_CS.iix (31104: Key already exists)
Thread poster: Milada Šejnohová
Milada Šejnohová
Milada Šejnohová
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:07
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 8, 2007

Dear äll,

I have previously asked you a question concerning Trados Workbench problem. Now I made clean up of a file translated with DE_CS memory (German to Czech) and I managed to clean it up. However as an unclean file a BAK file was created. I must mention, that in LOG FILE button there is written: D:\TRADOS-Slovniky\pameti\IT_CZ.log (still IT-CZ, meaning "Italian to Czech").
Can you please tell me where is the problem?
I stay at your disposal to provide you with fur
... See more
Dear äll,

I have previously asked you a question concerning Trados Workbench problem. Now I made clean up of a file translated with DE_CS memory (German to Czech) and I managed to clean it up. However as an unclean file a BAK file was created. I must mention, that in LOG FILE button there is written: D:\TRADOS-Slovniky\pameti\IT_CZ.log (still IT-CZ, meaning "Italian to Czech").
Can you please tell me where is the problem?
I stay at your disposal to provide you with further information.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,

Milada

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-08 17:07]
Collapse

Fausto Magalhães da Silveira
Fausto Magalhães da Silveira
Brazil
Local time: 22:07
English to Portuguese
On the log file Oct 8, 2007

Hi Milada,

Translator Workbench creates a general log file, which is specified by the user. The same file is used for both analisys, translation and cleanup processes the Workbench performs.

As it is up to the user to define that log file, its name doesn't have anything to do with any automation by Trados (so the languages in use, or filenames don't affect this log filename).

Could you provide the contents of this log file? Maybe the information in it could
... See more
Hi Milada,

Translator Workbench creates a general log file, which is specified by the user. The same file is used for both analisys, translation and cleanup processes the Workbench performs.

As it is up to the user to define that log file, its name doesn't have anything to do with any automation by Trados (so the languages in use, or filenames don't affect this log filename).

Could you provide the contents of this log file? Maybe the information in it could give us a clue about what is going on.

Rgds,

Fausto
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:07
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Moving this thread... Oct 8, 2007

... to SDL Trados forum

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS and Czech: IT_CZ.log vs IT_CS.iix (31104: Key already exists)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »