Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:17
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 10, 2007

G'day everyone

I'm having trouble opening a TTX file in TagEditor (demo version, build 822). It gives me the following error message when I try to open the TTX file:

"(40007): Error reading TTX file: Unterminated entity reference"

I have checked and double-checked my TTX file and I'm very sure all entity references are fully terminated.

Is there perhaps another program or a process in TagEditor to not only tell me that an entity reference is unterminated but WHICH ONE of the 5000 entity references in my file is supposedly unterminated.

Any help appreciated.

I even retranslated the file using the created TM, so if there is something unterminated, it's probably in the TM too.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Oct 10, 2007

Solved. It wasn't an entity reference but something that TagEditor thought was an entity reference. Changed the file extension to XML and opened it in Opera, which brought an error message with the error helpfully highlighted in red.

rubysun77
Chinese to English
+ ...
Help needed! Jun 4, 2010

Hi there,

I appear to have the same issue as you regarding the "unterminated entity reference" when i open a ttx file. I have changed the file extension to XML and open it in Opera which highlighted the error in red but was stuck as to what I need to do next as i have basic knowledge in html and not really XML.

The error on Opera is: "XML Parsing failed" and the line it highlighted was Line 2 which says:

2: < TRADOStag Version="2.0"> ...... *bunch of tags whcih has been removed to keep this post short*
.... DisplayComplexScriptsAndAsianTextFontSettings>< TextBoxesOrder>TopLeftBottomRightByRow< /TextBoxesOrder&am\12쿨\12쪗 \12거 餄ӛ昄ɎÃፄÔ㶄^���]���]썤ҿ쐤ҿᕄɭ㞜ӕ���]≔ӕ韠᐀\12趨ñ힜] < ut Type="start" Style="external" RightEdge="angle" DisplayText="footer">< footer type="FooterForEvenPages">< /ut>

The red highlight is on the first 12 in the string above. I have tried fiddling around with this - by removing characters and it then highlights the < UT as the error.

Could someone assist as to what i am supposed to be looking for please?

Best regards

Ruby.

[Edited at 2010-06-04 17:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-06-04 17:29 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can only guess wildly Jun 4, 2010

rubysun77 wrote:
2: < TRADOStag Version="2.0"> ...... *bunch of tags whcih has been removed to keep this post short*
.... DisplayComplexScriptsAndAsianTextFontSettings>< TextBoxesOrder>TopLeftBottomRightByRow< /TextBoxesOrder&am\12쿨\12쪗 \12거 餄ӛ昄ɎÃፄÔ㶄^���]���]썤ҿ쐤ҿᕄɭ㞜ӕ���]≔ӕ韠᐀\12趨ñ힜] < ut Type="start" Style="external" RightEdge="angle" DisplayText="footer">< footer type="FooterForEvenPages">< /ut>

My first thought would be that it is indeed an "unterminated entity reference" (a reference to an entity, of which the reference is not terminated), so I'd change this:

TextBoxesOrder&

into this:

TextBoxesOrder&amp;

and if that doesn't work, then I'd change this:

TextBoxesOrder&am

into this:

TextBoxesOrder&amp;

[Edited at 2010-06-04 20:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unterminated entity reference in TTX

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs