Create Text-Color Coded PDFs showing newly translated text for proofreading after Trados translation
Thread poster: AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
Oct 11, 2007

Dear colleagues,

We'd like to create PDFs with text in different colors for proofreading after translating texts in Trados.

Any segments that were a 100% match should remain in black, but anything we touched should in that proofreading-PDF appear in a different text color (maybe red).

Trados has a feature which colors such text, but I don't manage to print anything from Tag Editor (so no PDF either). And we cannot translate this in Word due to the source te
... See more
Dear colleagues,

We'd like to create PDFs with text in different colors for proofreading after translating texts in Trados.

Any segments that were a 100% match should remain in black, but anything we touched should in that proofreading-PDF appear in a different text color (maybe red).

Trados has a feature which colors such text, but I don't manage to print anything from Tag Editor (so no PDF either). And we cannot translate this in Word due to the source text formats.

Does anyone know a solution how we can, after translation in Trados Tag Editor, create such color coded PDFs for proofreading?

Thank you in advance for all suggestions!

Achim
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 04:48
German to English
+ ...
Add Color Tags in TTX file Oct 11, 2007

Hello Achim,

it is possible to add color tags in the ttx files. The kind of tags depends on the source file format.
You can insert different color tags based on the match rate from a TU.

Hans

AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Oct 11, 2007

Hi Hans,

thanks - but how? Are you referring to the Options/View feature? I'm really lost and would appreciate further detail.

Thanks a lot!!

Achim

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
TradosTag Viewer plug-in Oct 11, 2007

TagEditor has a little known plug-in which is excellent for that purpose...

You have to check "TradosTag Viewer plug-in" in the list and select the appropriate style in the properties ("TableView" would be best for your purpose). Then you can specify colors for various match levels.

After that select View/Preview/Bilingual and a html file will open in InternetExplorer. While this is useful, you can check the source file (TTXViewDualFrame.html) and its related files to t
... See more
TagEditor has a little known plug-in which is excellent for that purpose...

You have to check "TradosTag Viewer plug-in" in the list and select the appropriate style in the properties ("TableView" would be best for your purpose). Then you can specify colors for various match levels.

After that select View/Preview/Bilingual and a html file will open in InternetExplorer. While this is useful, you can check the source file (TTXViewDualFrame.html) and its related files to tweak the display to your needs.

If you are handy with xsl, it gets even better, as you can define your own style (with your own transformations).
Collapse

AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Oct 11, 2007

Jabberwock, thank you very much. This works very well indeed and seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

Indeed I can deal with html and xml files myself to an extent, but even the default looks good enough for my purposes.

Thanks a lot to both of you for your help!!

Achim

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Know How Oct 11, 2007

Hello,

you can edit ttx files in word as unicode text. You must analyse the structure and then modify it. Take a look on the ttx files, create demo files and compare, and after all you can make the modifications with the word macros in VBA.

Hans

Maurizia Vucci
Maurizia Vucci  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Jabberwock! Oct 11, 2007

I didn't know about the existence of TradosTag Viewer plug-in.
It's very simple to understand and I will certainly use it a lot!

Thanks again

Maurizia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create Text-Color Coded PDFs showing newly translated text for proofreading after Trados translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »