https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/86293-workbench_analysis_for_multiple_files.html

Workbench analysis for multiple files
Thread poster: Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Oct 11, 2007

Hello!

I have a project consisting of 98 files, 2 million words, 1,2 million repetitions and 500.000 no match. I have a team of 8 translators and they all use the same .tmw.

The problem is that if translators take a certain batch of files and they make an analysis, the numbers are different (no match is MUCH bigger).

The problem is. I have let say 2 files and 2 translators. And they all make their own analysis of the file with the same .tmw. But when a tran
... See more
Hello!

I have a project consisting of 98 files, 2 million words, 1,2 million repetitions and 500.000 no match. I have a team of 8 translators and they all use the same .tmw.

The problem is that if translators take a certain batch of files and they make an analysis, the numbers are different (no match is MUCH bigger).

The problem is. I have let say 2 files and 2 translators. And they all make their own analysis of the file with the same .tmw. But when a translator makes a translation, the other translator gets that 100% match, but his analysis is no match for this particular segment. Do you see where my problem is?

Is there any way I can determine the number of 100% matches in a single file? Because I would like to avoid the unfair distribution of "no match" segments a translator would translate.

Thank you and kind regards,
Sebastijan
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:43
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TWB analysis Oct 11, 2007

Trados Workbench offers an option for exporting frequent segments, i.e., you can export every segment that occurs at least twice, create a new file, have it translated first, and then supply it to all translators.
The benefit of this approach is that you will have to unify them in during editing. Also, you may save some money.
The problem is that the files are out of context in the export file, so the translator may need to search for occurrences in the original.
To determin
... See more
Trados Workbench offers an option for exporting frequent segments, i.e., you can export every segment that occurs at least twice, create a new file, have it translated first, and then supply it to all translators.
The benefit of this approach is that you will have to unify them in during editing. Also, you may save some money.
The problem is that the files are out of context in the export file, so the translator may need to search for occurrences in the original.
To determine the 100% matches in a single file: I guess you are talking about repetitions. ("100% match" refers to match with the TM - and you did not mention you had one.)
The way Trados calculates it is this: it takes file #1, and starting from the beginning, it flags sentences that appear for a second (third, etc.) time. Then it goes to file #2, and does the same. Obviously, the order of the files matters. E.g., consider these files:

File #1
Sentence 1.

File #2
Sentence 1.
Sentence 2.

File #3
Sentence 1.
Sentence 2.
Sentence 3.

File #4
Sentence 1.
Sentence 2.
Sentence 3.
Sentence 4.

If you run an analysis, you will find that there is one new sentence in each file. However, if you put File#4 first, then it will have 4 new sentences, and all others - none.

Attila
Collapse

Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A step forward, but ... Oct 12, 2007

Basically I would need a post-analysis where I could determine how many segments with the tag "100" a translator had in a specific file so I could subtract the 100 segments from the number of no match segments found in the initial analysis.

The scenario.

2 translators are working on 2 files. They have 1 sentence exactly the same. The initial analysis show this is a no match. One translator translates this segments, returns it to TM and then the second translators gets a
... See more
Basically I would need a post-analysis where I could determine how many segments with the tag "100" a translator had in a specific file so I could subtract the 100 segments from the number of no match segments found in the initial analysis.

The scenario.

2 translators are working on 2 files. They have 1 sentence exactly the same. The initial analysis show this is a no match. One translator translates this segments, returns it to TM and then the second translators gets a 100% match.

When doing analysis, I would know that the first translator had a no match and the second one had a 100% match.

One idea way: ttx to rtf convert in Logoport, and then a macro for word (this is the difficult part for me).

Kind regards,
Sebastijan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench analysis for multiple files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »