Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:57
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Oct 11, 2007

Hi everyone,

I am receiving this message when I try to Analyse r Translate
50202- Word can not convert the document due to an OLE/COM file name error.

Can you help?

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Convert the file to .RTF yourself Oct 11, 2007

Hi there.

I assume you're working with .DOC files. If this is the case, try saving them as .RTF yourself (in Word, click on "File" > "Save As" > "Save as type" and select .RTF). Then try to analyse the .RTF file.

This error happens because, for analysing .DOC files, Trados convert them to .RTF first and sometimes this conversion goes wrong (I don't know why).

Please let us know if this works.

Regards,
Jerónimo

[Edited at 2007-10-1
... See more
Hi there.

I assume you're working with .DOC files. If this is the case, try saving them as .RTF yourself (in Word, click on "File" > "Save As" > "Save as type" and select .RTF). Then try to analyse the .RTF file.

This error happens because, for analysing .DOC files, Trados convert them to .RTF first and sometimes this conversion goes wrong (I don't know why).

Please let us know if this works.

Regards,
Jerónimo

[Edited at 2007-10-11 19:09]
Collapse

Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva
Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:57
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
error Oct 14, 2007

Thank you so much! It worked.

Cheers,
Iolanta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error 50202

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »