https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/86485-downloading_newly_purchased_tool.html

DOWNLOADING NEWLY-PURCHASED TOOL
Thread poster: Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:07
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Oct 12, 2007

A few days ago I purchased Trados 7 Freelancer through Proz TGB. Before then I had downloaded a free 30-day demo version of the same program from www.sdl.com. Upon the expiration of this demo version's period, should I download the whole recently-purchased program or should I just download those parts that were not included in the demo version? Besides, in our case we must use an activation code rather than a soft... See more
A few days ago I purchased Trados 7 Freelancer through Proz TGB. Before then I had downloaded a free 30-day demo version of the same program from www.sdl.com. Upon the expiration of this demo version's period, should I download the whole recently-purchased program or should I just download those parts that were not included in the demo version? Besides, in our case we must use an activation code rather than a softkey to license our software, right?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mónica
Collapse

Fausto Magalhães da Silveira
Brazil
English to Portuguese
it depends on which version your license licenses Oct 13, 2007

Hi Mónica,

This demo version you refer is actually the full version of the program, which you can continue to use by entering the activation code Sdl provides under the product purchase. If I'm not wrong, this is 2007 version (v8) of the program, since previous versions didn't feature a demo version but rather provided limited functionalities (e.g. limited TM size) for testing purposes.

In case the license you have is for Trados 2007 (version 8), you don't have to down
... See more
Hi Mónica,

This demo version you refer is actually the full version of the program, which you can continue to use by entering the activation code Sdl provides under the product purchase. If I'm not wrong, this is 2007 version (v8) of the program, since previous versions didn't feature a demo version but rather provided limited functionalities (e.g. limited TM size) for testing purposes.

In case the license you have is for Trados 2007 (version 8), you don't have to download any aditional software (unless you haven't downloaded Multiterm 7). If your license is for Trados 2006 (version 7), I'm affraid you'll have to download the full version available at https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/ under 'My Downloads' section (user account required).

Best regards,

Fausto
Collapse

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
GRACIAS, OBRIGADA, THANK YOU! Oct 13, 2007

Hi Fausto,

Your contribution comes as a relief as I have not been able to obtain SDL support despite my many attempts (all they say is that I have to purchase a support package for them to answer within a reasonable time).

I guess I do have the same program I have just purchased as I downloaded this demo version only twenty days ago for an urgent project.

Thank you so much. Colleagues make the world much, much friendlier, supportive -and warmer!

... See more
Hi Fausto,

Your contribution comes as a relief as I have not been able to obtain SDL support despite my many attempts (all they say is that I have to purchase a support package for them to answer within a reasonable time).

I guess I do have the same program I have just purchased as I downloaded this demo version only twenty days ago for an urgent project.

Thank you so much. Colleagues make the world much, much friendlier, supportive -and warmer!

Best regards,

Mónica
Uruguay
Collapse

Brazil
English to Portuguese
No problem at all! Oct 15, 2007

Hi Mónica,

I'm glad to see my reply was helpful.

Yes, it's troublesome to rely on non-paying support from SDL. I have a support request there that's going to celebrate its 2nd-month birthday...

Best regards,

Fausto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DOWNLOADING NEWLY-PURCHASED TOOL

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »