Mobile menu

Trados ini file - documentation
Thread poster: xxxAchimT
xxxAchimT
English
Oct 15, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I'm looking for information about the things I can do in the Trados ini files, specifically in the html ini files.

Could anyone point me to some information about the parameters I can set in this file?

Thank you in advance

Achim

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOlaf
Local time: 13:43
English to German
There's none Oct 15, 2007

Since you can easily modify the .ini by changing the translatability of tags and/or tag attributes in TagEditor, you don't have to change the .ini file. If you really need to know the syntax try adding or changing definitions and compare the before and after versions of the .ini file.

Olaf

xxxAchimT
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... Oct 16, 2007

Hi Olaf,

thanks for your reply. The maybe I've asked the wrong question. What I want to do is, I've been told when a Repetition occurs the first time, it is entered as a full match into the translated file, and hence, in the bilingual file, it is no longer recognizable as having been a repetition rather than a full match.

However, I'd like to be able to see whether a translated segment has been a full match or a repetition. Unfortunately I don't know how to achieve that tweaking the tag settings either.

Thanks again for your reply!

Achim

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
you can't do it, I think Oct 16, 2007

However, I'd like to be able to see whether a translated segment has been a full match or a repetition. Unfortunately I don't know how to achieve that tweaking the tag settings either.

Hi, Achim,

You can't control this from the INI file.

I don't think you can do it after the translation is completed.

You can do it beforehand, exporting the repetitions after the analysis.

I am curious now. Why would you need to know whether a segment is a repetition or a full match? Normally, they require the same effort, don't they?

Daniel

xxxAchimT
English
TOPIC STARTER
required for proofreading Oct 16, 2007

Hi Daniel,

I'm creating a color-coded PDF for proofreading. Anything that was not a full match will be shown in red color, full matches are shown in black.

The proofreader then only reads the red text.

If a repetition becomes a full match in the bilingual file, it is shown in red the first time it occurs, all later occurrences (if any) are shown in black.

Which means, when implementing the changes made by the proofreader into the ttx, we'll have to do a search for further occurrences after every correction. It is doable, but costs more time and is also more prone to errors than having the proofreader read everything that was not a full match and making the corrections also in the proper context etc.

Achim

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use batch translate in two steps? Oct 16, 2007

Thanks for explaining, now I understand.

If I had to do it, and assuming that translators have not changed the original 100% matches, I would try this procedure:

1. Take the original TM as it was "before" the translation started.

2. Batch translate all the TTX files so that only 100% are translated. This will result on TTX files where only the 100% matches from the traslation memory are translated.

3. Open the TTX files and search and replace the string Tu MatchPercent="100" with MatchPercent="100" Origin="xtranslate". This will convert your 100% matches to "xtranslated" segments. They will sho XU tag in TagEditor.

4. Pretranslate ttx files with the final project TM. Because, everything is in the memory, all sentences are translated.

Now you have TTX files where the original 100% matches are marked as XU (xtranslate) and the new sentences (including repetitions) are marked as 100% matches.

To tell the truth, it seems to me even more complicated than making sure that the proof-reader makes the changes but it might be worth a try for your project...

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados ini file - documentation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs