Thread poster: Mariam Osmann

Mariam Osmann
Egypt
Local time: 04:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 15, 2007

Hi prozians,

I need your help in this: while creating translation memory I left most of system fields checked, so I have the CrD and CrU in my exported TM:

I want to remove the data and user name. Is it modifiable?

Thanks
Mariam

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
TMX editors Oct 15, 2007

MAllaqui wrote:

Hi prozians,

I need your help in this: while creating translation memory I left most of system fields checked, so I have the CrD and CrU in my exported TM:

I want to remove the data and user name. Is it modifiable?

Thanks
Mariam

Hi Mariam,

You can do that sort of thing by exporting the memory to TMX and deleting the fields with the freeware Olifant tool:

http://www.translate.com/technology/tools/Olifant.html

HTH

Giles

Mariam Osmann
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to delete them using Olifan Oct 15, 2007

Ciao Giles,

Thanks for the tool. I have imported the tmw file, I can see the unwanted fields. but I still don't know how to delete them. Could you please help?
Mille Grazie!

[Modifié le 2007-10-15 15:31]

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
File\Properties Oct 15, 2007

MAllaqui wrote:

Ciao Giles,

Thanks for the tool. I have imported the tmw file, I can see the unwanted fields. but I still don't know how to delete them. Could you please help?
Mille Grazie!

[Modifié le 2007-10-15 15:07]

First of all, don't use the .tmw file. Export the TM to *.tmx and import that into Olifant.

The open the TM Properties window (File\Properties menu) and click on the Attributes tab. You can add, edit or remove attributes or individual values, and specify whether attributes are text or pick-list defined, with or without multiple values. Remember to save the file after making your changes.

You can then import your TMX into a new Trados memory. If "New Fields - Add to setup" is ticked in the Import dialogue box, your new TM will have lost the unwanted fields.

The Olifant Help file (the question mark speech bubble on the task bar) will give you more info.

Buon lavoro,

Giles

Mariam Osmann
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
shokran Giles! Oct 16, 2007

you were a great help!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

removing system fields from translation memory

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs