Mobile menu

Trados 2007 license - what if the computer crashes ?
Thread poster: Marina Soldati

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:02
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 16, 2007

Dear All,

I have searched the fora, Trados Knowledgebase and have written to Trados support (I didn´t buy extra support) but I have found no answer to my question.

I have 2 computers - one on which I work and another (my children´s) as backup.
In order to use Trados in my backup computer I have to return the license from my main computer and activate it in the other.
But, what happens if the main computer suddenly crashes, or refuses to boot (God forbids!), and I wasn´t able to return the license?
What are the characteristics of the trial version? Does it work for a specific time (let´s say a month) or is the TM limited to a certain number of TUs?

I´ll appreciate your knowledge on the matter.
Thanks
Marina

Direct link Reply with quote

Christian Müller  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TRADOS 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Dear Marina,

I maid the experience that the computer doesn't crashed down, but more then one time a week it hang because I of problems with the memory of my graphic cards. I have one PC Pentium Dual Core 1,86 GHz with 2 GB Ram and 64 MB Graphic memory and a Laptop Acer 5100 with a AMD ?? 2GB RAM and 256 MB Grahic memory. Both hang up and I only restart de PC. Nothing more! I never lost data in big quantities. Only in Word 2007 the part from last saving. But normally it was saved in the TM.

I only can recomand you to put sufficient memory for TRADOS 2007 and a good power supply in your PC. Memory cards and LCD are consuming a lot and it your PC hasn't a sufficient power supply 550 Watt or more, you get in troubles. I changed it last week on by Pentium and since this moment I have less problems.

But I have an other problem. I am German and have all in German and some charaktors on my PC are Chinese. Maybe some one has an idea, how to change this.

Regards

Christian Müller

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
In case your computer crashes Oct 17, 2007

and you coudn't return the license, contact your SDL Trados representative and ask for resetting the license. This happens than quite fast, so after you have reinstalled your computer you are able to register Trados.

Jerzy

Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:02
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Resetting the SDL Trados 2007 license Oct 17, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Contact your SDL Trados representative and ask for resetting the license.

I can confirm this from personal experience. By the way, I half expected that response from SDL technical support would take ages (based on user experiences, and given the fact that I did not subscribe to any Trados tech support program). I was very pleased when the license was reset the same day!

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 17, 2007

Thanks you all for the information.
Regards,
Marina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 license - what if the computer crashes ?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs