Trados 7 Word 2003 vista translation unit no color
Thread poster: George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 10:48
French to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2007

The problem is that when running Word 7+workbench 7.1 under vista, the following occurs:
the translated text does not change color to green, so there is no visual cue for what i have already translated. Normally, with "Show/hide", the entire translation unit (blue color=untranslated, green color=translated) is shown colored. Under vista, all translated units show in black color.
I know this is not so important, but by using color cues i know where to resume translation within the document.
So the problem is, how can i convince word 2003+workbench 7.1 to show blue and green text for translation units?
Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:48
Italian to English
+ ...
Options - Translated Text Colours Oct 17, 2007

I don't know if you're using Trados 7.1 or Trados 2007 with Vista but in Trados 7.5 the way you change the text of translated text is, on the menu bar, to go to Options and then Translated Text Colors and configure the colours you want.

George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 10:48
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you're right Oct 17, 2007

Richard Hall wrote:

I don't know if you're using Trados 7.1 or Trados 2007 with Vista but in Trados 7.5 the way you change the text of translated text is, on the menu bar, to go to Options and then Translated Text Colors and configure the colours you want.

Your solution works! I knew this option, I just didn't use it. Thanks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 Word 2003 vista translation unit no color

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs