Trados 7 Word 2003 vista translation unit no color
Thread poster: George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:48
French to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2007

The problem is that when running Word 7+workbench 7.1 under vista, the following occurs:
the translated text does not change color to green, so there is no visual cue for what i have already translated. Normally, with "Show/hide", the entire translation unit (blue color=untranslated, green color=translated) is shown colored. Under vista, all translated units show in black color.
I know this is not so important, but by using color cues i know where to resume translation within the document.
So the problem is, how can i convince word 2003+workbench 7.1 to show blue and green text for translation units?
Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:48
Italian to English
+ ...
Options - Translated Text Colours Oct 17, 2007

I don't know if you're using Trados 7.1 or Trados 2007 with Vista but in Trados 7.5 the way you change the text of translated text is, on the menu bar, to go to Options and then Translated Text Colors and configure the colours you want.

George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:48
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you're right Oct 17, 2007

Richard Hall wrote:

I don't know if you're using Trados 7.1 or Trados 2007 with Vista but in Trados 7.5 the way you change the text of translated text is, on the menu bar, to go to Options and then Translated Text Colors and configure the colours you want.

Your solution works! I knew this option, I just didn't use it. Thanks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 Word 2003 vista translation unit no color

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs