Thread poster: George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 19:44
French to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2007

The problem is that when running Word 7+workbench 7.1 under vista, the following occurs:
the translated text does not change color to green, so there is no visual cue for what i have already translated. Normally, with "Show/hide", the entire translation unit (blue color=untranslated, green color=translated) is shown colored. Under vista, all translated units show in black color.
I know this is not so important, but by using color cues i know where to resume translation within the doc
... See more
The problem is that when running Word 7+workbench 7.1 under vista, the following occurs:
the translated text does not change color to green, so there is no visual cue for what i have already translated. Normally, with "Show/hide", the entire translation unit (blue color=untranslated, green color=translated) is shown colored. Under vista, all translated units show in black color.
I know this is not so important, but by using color cues i know where to resume translation within the document.
So the problem is, how can i convince word 2003+workbench 7.1 to show blue and green text for translation units?
Thanks.
Collapse

Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:44
Italian to English
+ ...
Options - Translated Text Colours Oct 17, 2007

I don't know if you're using Trados 7.1 or Trados 2007 with Vista but in Trados 7.5 the way you change the text of translated text is, on the menu bar, to go to Options and then Translated Text Colors and configure the colours you want.

George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 19:44
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you're right Oct 17, 2007

Richard Hall wrote:

I don't know if you're using Trados 7.1 or Trados 2007 with Vista but in Trados 7.5 the way you change the text of translated text is, on the menu bar, to go to Options and then Translated Text Colors and configure the colours you want.

Your solution works! I knew this option, I just didn't use it. Thanks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 Word 2003 vista translation unit no color

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »