Mobile menu

TagEditor - Converting TTX back to DOC - "Error while writing bookmarks"
Thread poster: Séverine BECSEI
Séverine BECSEI  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:11
English to French
+ ...
Oct 18, 2007

I am about to translate a big DOC file with quite a lot of formatting, fields, index entries and bookmarks. I would like to translate it with TagEditor so I created a TTX file and made a conversion test before starting the translation, to make sure that I could convert it back to DOC file. On using the "Save Target As" function, the following error occurred:
"(-2147467259): Error while writing bookmarks"
I already had an "Error while writing breaks" error some time ago, and could solve it thanks to another ProZ discussion. But I cannot find what may cause the bookmark error.
Can anyone help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
I guess... Nov 10, 2007 should report this bug to sdl support.

personally I prefer word to tageditor so whenever possible I convert ttx files to the rtf format

good luck,

Bernadet  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
error writing breaks trados 2009 Apr 30, 2010

How did you solve this problem before? I am getting "error while writing breaks" and don't know what to do. Clear simple instructions would be most appreciated.

[Edited at 2010-04-30 18:19 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Verify your document using F8 Apr 30, 2010

You will get a list with missing tags. Double click an error message, Tageditor will take you to the segment, where the error occurs. Correct the error. Continue for all error messages.
When no tag is missing, the text should save flawlesly.
If it doesn't - please check, if the untranslated text does save properly. If yes, then you have another undefined error, which is not remote diagnosable for me. Otherwise already the source document is corrupted and you should correct that one.

Maria Leverenz  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Copy and paste Jan 11, 2012

Just found a workaround for this problem (F8 did not help)
- open the preview
- mark the entire text, copy it and paste it into word
- text is properly formatted and translated

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor - Converting TTX back to DOC - "Error while writing bookmarks"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs