I have tried this solution, but the TM seems to be looking for the first 50 or 99 entries from the oldest to the newest one, sorts them and it shows them to me.
TRADOS Workbench shows you up to 99 hits. This is by design and in most use cases this will fit for customers needs in a "normal" translation process.
You can contol the number of maximum hits in > Workbench > "Options" > "Translation Memory Options" > tab "Concordance" > "Maximum number of hits (1-99)".
However, please also note, that Concordance search will not give you all results: The matches must have at least have a "Minimum match value" of 30%. Otherwise they will be not displayed at all.
If my entry is beyond that number, it isn't shown. So new entries that go beyond the maximum number of hits are not shown. No luck. In conclusion, when searching, Workbench does not start with the newest entry, but with the oldest one.
You can show most recent translation units first by activating the coressponding setting: In > Workbench > "Options" > "Translation Memory Options" > tab "Concordance" > section "Switches" > activate "Show most recent translation units first".
Sophisticated Global Search
If you need to find more than a maximum of 99 hits (e.g. all Translation Units in you Translation Memory containing a specific character, word, phrase or number) go to > Workbench > "File" > "Maintenance..." The dialog "Translation Memory Maintenance" opens. Now click the button "Filter...". In the "Filter Dialog" select in the List Box "Field list:" on the lower left your source or target language under "[Segments]" depending on where you want to search. In the Text Box "Criterion:" type in the word you want to search (and wrap it into asterixes to find all TUs containing the search term).
Follow this instruction for advanced search capabilities:
- Text Found Translation Units must contain precisely this text and no other text.
- Text* Found Translation Units must begin with this text.
- *text Found Translation Units must end with this text.
- *text* Found Translation Units must contain this text somewhere in its contents.
- ?text Found Translation Units must contain this text, preceded by any single character. You can increase the number of question marks to indicate any sequence of characters of corresponding length.
- ?text? Found Translation Units must contain this text, preceded and followed by any single character. You can increase the number of question marks to indicate any sequence of characters of corresponding length.
- !*text* None of the segments or fields referred to may contain this text.
Now click "OK", "Reset Search", "Begin Search". You can set "Translation units processed at a time" to 99 and browse through more results with the "<< Previous" and "Next >>" Buttons.
Please note that the Criterion feature is case-sensitive.