Mobile menu

Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in
Thread poster: François Désilets

François Désilets  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:14
English to French
Oct 19, 2007

I just upgraded to Trados 7.1, and when I try to load the Word spell checker in TagEditor, I get this message :

"Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in:

(-2146822463). L'objet a été supprimé.

This plug-in will be disabled."

Seems like I don't have the plug-in anymore...

Can someone tell me how I can get it back?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
Word Spell Checker in Trados TagEditor Oct 19, 2007

Hi François

I've had this problem many times. TagEditor 'borrows' the Word Spellchecker. If you look in the Taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) you will see that if TagEditor is open, there is also a WINWORD process active, even if Word has not been started by you. It often crashes 'invisibly'.

Kill WINWORD.EXE in the Task Manager, restart TagEditor: it may work now.

If that fails, you may try to register Trados 7 in the registry. Start>Programs>SDL International>SDL Trados 2006>Register SDL Trados.. (location may differ, depending on version of Trados and Windows). Run the batch file with TagEditor closed. Restart TagEditor and check again.

HTH, Marinus

François Désilets wrote:

"Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in:

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Did you get this solved? Nov 22, 2007

Hey there,

I'm having the same problem with my Trados Freelance 7 version. Could you help me out? I've tried the tips above, but nothing...

Thomas Deschington
Local time: 11:14
English to Norwegian
+ ...
A bit late, but... May 6, 2008

Just had the same problem today. Opened TE 8, and no Word plugin, only Wintertree. I it solved by running the repair option in the install wizard (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - Modify - Repair), and now the Word plugin is back.

Christoffer Neustrup  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:14
English to Danish
+ ...
repair installation worked for me Dec 15, 2009

Thanks for the tip.
Repairing the Trados installation (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - Modify - Repair) also helped me solve this problem!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs