Mobile menu

Synergy: create new project:apply PerfectMatch
Thread poster: T o b i a s
Oct 20, 2007

I've used Synergy in Trados 2007 to create several dozen projects with only a few problems with Word files it didn't like. A week ago, however, it stopped creating projects altogether:
"Convert to translation format" works fine.
"Split by Target Language" works fine.
"Create project translation memory"works fine.
"Apply PerfectMatch" -----fails every time. It produces the following error text:

System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.XTranslation.XTranslationTask.OnBeforeRun()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TaskBase.Sdl.ProjectApi.IAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute(IExecutingAutomaticTask executingAutomaticTask)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.AutomaticTaskExecuter.Execute()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Trados (sp1 version), the microsoft 2005 C++ package and Synergy to no avail. Unfortunately, my windows xp system restore had cut out (due to lack of room on the hard disk I think) otherwise I probably coud have repaired the problem with that.

suggestions anyone?

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:50
English to Polish
Using Freelance? Oct 20, 2007

I guess PerfectMatch is available as a part of Professional package only.

T o b i a s
PerfectMatch is part of standard Freelance package. Oct 20, 2007

This is part of the standard Freelance installation (no upgrades). Using Synergy to set up a "project" obligatorily applies "PerfectMatch". It used to work (last two months). Now it doesn't. I've also tried "repairing" Net 2.0 in the hopes that it might make the problem go away.

English to Polish
Well, seems that SDL website misguided me Oct 20, 2007

Find out how to stop reviewing 100% matches to save yourself time and costs with SDL PerfectMatch, now as part of SDL Trados 2007 Professional.

I cannot confirm PefectMatch working in Freelance version, I use Pro.

[Edited at 2007-10-20 10:43]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Perfect Match is only mistankingly in Synergy Freelance Oct 21, 2007

The Freelance version does not have the Perfect Match technology, so you cannot expect it to work on your PC.
I admit it is a bit misguiding, that it does exist and appear during the project preparation in Synergy freeelance.
It is to be expected, that this will be modified with the next release or Synergy and then not appear anymore within the freelance version of it.

T o b i a s
Problem in Trados 2007 / Synergy Oct 21, 2007

In describing a problem which has crippled the build-project/Synergy interface to my installation of Trados 2007 Freelance, I quoted (exactly) the information that was appearing on the screen in order to describe the problem.

During project creation, the screen displays "Apply PerfectMatch" Since the program ran before, enabling 'projects' to be built and worked on, and no longer works, producing the error in the original post, it is not a question of what software package I have not yet
acquired, but one of Trados 2007 Freelance not working any more.

If any one has any insight as to what part of the software (ie C++ installation, synergy, Net2.0, Trados, xp sp1, etc) might be causing the problem (which says "Requested registry access is not allowed") I would appreciate their help. The problem may have nothing to do with Synergy. But before I could build projects (ie link multiple input files and memories, track project etc), and now I cannot.

I wrote SDL a week ago about this problem.....

English to Polish
Tried a simple project? Oct 21, 2007

Have you tried creating a very simple project? Let's say one file, empty TM. Is output the same?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
SDL Synergy: Create a new project Oct 22, 2007

Hi Toby

The registry access referred to: the application tries to get the value of HKLM\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager\Trados_License_File and subsequently writes it to HKCU\TRADOS\Shared\Licence\Licence_File, creating this key if it does not exist.

Please check whether you can manually access these keys using regedit.

Also, please can you send us the error file saved using Save Error Details.

T o b i a s
trados freelance xp registry edit Oct 22, 2007

I see both of these:

is empty.

exists and is also empty. Trying to write to it causes an "Error Editing Value" box to appear. It contains the text "Cannot edit licence_file: Error writing the value's new contents."

You wrote "Also, please can you send us the error file saved using Save Error Details."

The text I pasted into the original problem is all I can get. There is no button available to save this to a file.

I saved a screen graphic, however. Where can I send it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy: create new project:apply PerfectMatch

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs