TagEditor & Excel : how to segment after a "br"-tag in one cell ?
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:29
Member (2003)
German to French
Oct 21, 2007

SDL Trados 7.5.0.759 with Excel 2002

The cells of the original xls file are very big and every sentence is followed by a line break which appears as a "br/" tag in TagEditor. I would like Trados to segment after each one of these br tags. I have tried to change the configuration of th TM in the Workbench but that did not do the trick.

Any hint ?

Many thanks in advance!
Sylvain

Edit : what
... See more
SDL Trados 7.5.0.759 with Excel 2002

The cells of the original xls file are very big and every sentence is followed by a line break which appears as a "br/" tag in TagEditor. I would like Trados to segment after each one of these br tags. I have tried to change the configuration of th TM in the Workbench but that did not do the trick.

Any hint ?

Many thanks in advance!
Sylvain

Edit : what I'm looking for is the exact contrary to this : http://www.proz.com/topic/45699

[Modifié le 2007-10-21 13:51]
Collapse

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Filter Settings Oct 21, 2007

Check the Filter Settings for Excel files.

Segmentation > Segment after break tags
should be checked.

Unfortunately, this setting is applied during the conversion XLS > TTX, so you have to convert the Excel file again.

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Already checked Oct 21, 2007

Thank you Wojciech, but the button is already selected in the filtering options. However, I did not convert the xls file myself, the client has done it.
I will try to recreate a new ttx...

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Your setting is not important in your case Oct 21, 2007

Seems that your setting got no influence on your file, re-creating the TTX file locally is a good idea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor & Excel : how to segment after a "br"-tag in one cell ?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »