Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:52
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2007

Dear Colleagues:

I have upgraded my computer, now with Windows XP, Office 2007, and Trados 2007. All of the Trados programs are installed, but the system does not identify the elements:
it will not open up a new project because it cannot find filters; it will not open (even newly created) Translation memories because it cannot see them;

What am I missing?

TIA

Stephen Rifkind

Direct link Reply with quote

Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:52
Member (2005)
English to Czech
maybe... Nov 10, 2007

I have upgraded my computer, now with Windows XP, Office 2007, and Trados 2007. All of the Trados programs are installed, but the system does not identify the elements:
it will not open up a new project because it cannot find filters; it will not open (even newly created) Translation memories because it cannot see them; What am I missing?

...you've upgraded too many things at the same time
...or you changed the original trados setup like paths
...or you can't see because when you create a tm it is blank and open

see--your problem decription is too broad to be tackled by onyone here so you should backtrack, do one step at a time, and report some specific error(s) you get.

good luck,
pavel

Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:52
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 11, 2007

Dear Pavel:

Thank you for replying. It turned out that several small files attached to the translation memory, which looked irrelevant at the time, were separated. Also, the filter files needed for starting a project were not installed properly and had to be reinstalled. It was all very annoying, but all's well that ends well.

Yours truly,

Stephen Rifkind

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not identifying elements

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs