Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:56
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2007

Dear Colleagues:

I have upgraded my computer, now with Windows XP, Office 2007, and Trados 2007. All of the Trados programs are installed, but the system does not identify the elements:
it will not open up a new project because it cannot find filters; it will not open (even newly created) Translation memories because it cannot see them;

What am I missing?

TIA

Stephen Rifkind

Direct link Reply with quote

Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:56
Member (2005)
English to Czech
maybe... Nov 10, 2007

I have upgraded my computer, now with Windows XP, Office 2007, and Trados 2007. All of the Trados programs are installed, but the system does not identify the elements:
it will not open up a new project because it cannot find filters; it will not open (even newly created) Translation memories because it cannot see them; What am I missing?

...you've upgraded too many things at the same time
...or you changed the original trados setup like paths
...or you can't see because when you create a tm it is blank and open

see--your problem decription is too broad to be tackled by onyone here so you should backtrack, do one step at a time, and report some specific error(s) you get.

good luck,
pavel

Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:56
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 11, 2007

Dear Pavel:

Thank you for replying. It turned out that several small files attached to the translation memory, which looked irrelevant at the time, were separated. Also, the filter files needed for starting a project were not installed properly and had to be reinstalled. It was all very annoying, but all's well that ends well.

Yours truly,

Stephen Rifkind

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not identifying elements

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums