Mobile menu

Visual C++ Error installing Ver 7.1.0
Thread poster: FSchifferstein
Local time: 17:59
Oct 24, 2007

Hi community,

I am new to Trados and got the task installing it on Terminal Servers. I know, that Trados 7 is pretty outdated and not designed for Terminaservices. Nevertheless the pilot was successful. I really was surprised when installing the software on an other machine that at the last seconds of installing a Visual C++ error was raised. No more informatin, just stating that an unknown exception occurred - no module mentioned.

Since then I am running tests, runs perfect on a Vm Ware Instance Windows 2003 SP2, perfect on physical Windows2003 SP2 with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, fails on MetaFrame 3.0 Servers with identical OS-Installation.

Well, now I am quite unsure what to troubleshoot.. the erros is raised as well when using teh registering batches, the line
"C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7\TT\TW4Win.exe" /regserver

will cause the same effect.

Do you have any hints, what is going on ?

.Net 2.0 installed
Citrix MetaFrame 3.0 (fails)
Citrix MetaFrame 4.5 (ok)
Installing on plain W2k3 Sp3 on VMWare (ok)

Trados Version

Thanks a lot

[Edited at 2007-10-24 10:23]

Direct link Reply with quote

Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:59
English to Czech
I don't think... Nov 10, 2007

...translators on will be able to help you with this issue.

pls. report it as a bug to sdl support.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visual C++ Error installing Ver 7.1.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs