Translator´s Workbench all of sudden shuts down
Thread poster: Milada Šejnohová

Milada Šejnohová
Local time: 07:34
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 28, 2007

Dear colleagues,

when clicking on Set/Close Next Open/Get button in the already translated file, the Translator´s Workbench all of sudden shuts down. What is wrong with this?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind regards,

Milada

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Nothing Oct 28, 2007

Sometimes it simply happens.
Please check your terminology recognition settings, set the search depth value to less than 200 (ie 20 or so), reorganise TM and trerminology database.

However, you will not be safe from WB crashing sometimes - it simply happens.

Jerzy

Milada Šejnohová
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translator´s Workbench all of sudden shuts down Oct 29, 2007

Dear Jerzy,

thank you for your reply. However in my terminology recognition settings, the search depth value is set to 20.
Regards,

Milada

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No error messages I assume? Oct 29, 2007

This is what sometimes also happens with my Workbench.
I'm afraid there is no real solution to that problem.
AFAIR build 756 was more stable than the new 820/822. The lates build 826 shall be also more stable, but I cannot test this at the moment.

Best regards
Jerzy

Christiane Rose  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Build 826 unstable as well Oct 31, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:
The lates build 826 shall be also more stable, but I cannot test this at the moment.

Build 826 is NOT STABLE AT ALL and it is driving me mad... TagEditor crashes as soon as the spell checking function spots an unknown word (now I deactivated the function) and Workbench shuts down without any obvious reason. I consider downgrading to v6.5!

Best regards,

Christiane

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:34
English to French
+ ...
So, is there a way to install this thing? Nov 9, 2007

Lucky you - you all got as far as figuring out that build 826 is worth about as much as 820/822. I can't even tell the difference because for some reason, build 826 refuses to install (yes, I did uninstall previous versions, and yes, I did use the full installer - I can't use the patch anyways, given that 822 is not available for download anymore).

I am also considering downgrading - but not without getting my money back if I have to walk down that path. I feel the countless hours spent trying to get this to work were a total waste of time. Sorry for the sour message - I've just about had it... It's been eight months now! I am waiting for the goods to be finally delivered...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator´s Workbench all of sudden shuts down

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs