problems with trados instalation - tag editor
Thread poster: Rebeca Larios
Rebeca Larios  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 19:22
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Oct 31, 2007

Today I had do format my hard drive twice because of several problems with a virus. The second time I tried to reinstal my trados 2007 I got these messages when I tried to activate it:

While no valid SDL FLEXIm license is available, TagEditor runs in demo mode. Use License Manager to check the license status and to see if the license has expired.

Error information: The licence for TagEditor could not be checked out from the license server.

I got this one when I wanted to use my activation code:
The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5321-7914555 (Error code 50040)

has anyone gotten these? Help!!! Auxilio!!!! I'm about to go insane here...

Direct link Reply with quote

Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
try this Oct 31, 2007

Dear Rebeca,

May be many can help you here more than I would do, but I can tell you to try something,

Go to start - programs - trados - license

Then on the page that will appear, follow the instruction and enter the path of your license (where you save your license) and then click apply or ok,

Then try TRADOS again and see if it works,

I hope this will help, if not then try to search the internet for the error you got, or go to sdl site and search the error number there,

Good luck,

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:22
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you return your license prior to reinstalling? Nov 1, 2007

Trados 2007 is activated online with the license number you have in your account (at SDL webpage). When installed, you see there, that you have the license in use. If you did not return it prior to reinstalling, it is still in use there. What you now need to do is urgently contact your SDL sales representative and ask for resetting the license. This will be done for you - in all cases I know this happened very fast.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems with trados instalation - tag editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs