How do I create a tag setting for tag editor for Indesign files
Thread poster: Golden shuttle
Golden shuttle
Golden shuttle
Local time: 18:56
English to Chinese
Nov 5, 2007

I'm new to creat tag settings files, so I'll try to explain myself as best I can.
When I use tag editor to open indesign file (indd),Tag Editor says "This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE delcaration/root element "DEGEM_Translation". A tag settings file has not yet been defined for this document type. Would you like to specify the settings file now?"

I click yes, then New, but then I have no idea what I should do. My attempts have resulted in an "all tag" file, where the
... See more
I'm new to creat tag settings files, so I'll try to explain myself as best I can.
When I use tag editor to open indesign file (indd),Tag Editor says "This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE delcaration/root element "DEGEM_Translation". A tag settings file has not yet been defined for this document type. Would you like to specify the settings file now?"

I click yes, then New, but then I have no idea what I should do. My attempts have resulted in an "all tag" file, where the entire text is seen as part of the tag.

Is it possible to create tag settings to isolate the text I need to translate?

[Edited at 2007-11-05 03:58]

[Edited at 2007-11-05 03:59]

[Edited at 2007-11-05 04:52]
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:56
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
TagEditor opens InDesign files exported as INX files Nov 5, 2007

As far as I'm aware, to open an InDesign file in TagEditor you need to export it first as INX (InDesign Interchange) format from InDesign itself (File > Export from InDesign).

If you have SDL Trados 2007, the installation will also include SDLX, which can open InDesign INDD files (and convert them to its ITD format), without exporting them to INX format first.

Hope this helps,
Roberta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a tag setting for tag editor for Indesign files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »