What score needed to pass SDL Certification exam?
Thread poster: Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:43
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2007

Good evening,

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. If it is, could a moderator please kindly move my post, thank you.

I was wondering what score needs to be achieved to pass the SDL Certification Exam. I know each level has 40 questions, but how many do you need to get right to pass the level?

I looked on the SDL site, searched these forums and googled it but to no avail, so I was hoping someone here might be able to put me out of my misery.

I just tried to take Level 1 'out of the blue', as I saw you get three attempts, and I achieved a score of 31 (out of 40 questions) and I failed. So I'd just like to know what the passmark is.

Thanks very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:43
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Here is the answer Nov 5, 2007

I asked this question too, after I failed. Here is the thread, containing the answer:

http://www.proz.com/topic/77588

Best of luck with the next attempt! I have not had a second go yet.

Astrid

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:43
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 5, 2007

Many thanks Astrid!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What score needed to pass SDL Certification exam?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs