https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/88861-how_to_undo_change_all_in_word_spelling_checker_within_tageditor.html

How to undo "Change all" in Word spelling checker (within TagEditor)
Thread poster: Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:26
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 8, 2007

Dear all,

I am working on an RTF file in TagEditor 6.5.5 (Build 438). It automatically applies the Word spelling checker whenever I close a segment.

I accidentally hit the "Change all" button in the spelling checker window, and now all instances of the word "Residential" in my file get replaced by " ". How can I undo this? I tried to find the solution in TagEditor's help file, I looked through the documentation and the Proz.com forums, but I couldn't find the answer to
... See more
Dear all,

I am working on an RTF file in TagEditor 6.5.5 (Build 438). It automatically applies the Word spelling checker whenever I close a segment.

I accidentally hit the "Change all" button in the spelling checker window, and now all instances of the word "Residential" in my file get replaced by " ". How can I undo this? I tried to find the solution in TagEditor's help file, I looked through the documentation and the Proz.com forums, but I couldn't find the answer to my problem. Does anyone know what I can do in this case?

Thank you in advance!

Stefanie
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Don't save the file Nov 9, 2007

close it and reopen it (ie last saved version). Segments should be saved in the TM as you translate them.
I admit this workaround is not very elegant, even more so if you made changes without opening/closing segments.
Good luck.
Philippe

[Modifié le 2007-11-09 09:03]

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:26
English to Spanish
Reverse? Nov 9, 2007

Could you not run the Change all command reversing the process, I mean, search for " " and replace with "Residential"? It is what I would do in Word, but I admit I know little about TagEditor.

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Nov 9, 2007

Hi all,

Actually the spelling checker settings do not get saved. Once I close the file (even if I save it) and I open it again, the spelling checker recognizes "Residential" as a spelling mistake (in my German file) and I can now choose to change it.

Thanks for your help!

Stefanie

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Obviously you haven't tried this, Luisa Nov 9, 2007

Luisa Ramos wrote:

Could you not run the Change all command reversing the process, I mean, search for " " and replace with "Residential"? It is what I would do in Word, but I admit I know little about TagEditor.

Don't you think there are some occurrences of " " that need to stay in? I'd say it's a whole lot, actually.

Benjamin

[Edited at 2007-11-09 16:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to undo "Change all" in Word spelling checker (within TagEditor)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »