Thread poster: Chancexpression

Chancexpression  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:04
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 12, 2007

Good Morning to you all!

I hope you are beginning the week with a big smile.

I need your help for a small issue:

While working on a project, the client asked me to remove the HTML4.ini file so that his file could appear as default.

Now my problem is that I can’t get it back. I know where the file is, but when I select “open” at “Tag settings manager” and select the *ini file, it doesn’t show up on the list! Do you know a trick to resolve it without fixing the whole Trados?

Many thanks!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:04
English to Swedish
+ ...
Clarification? Nov 13, 2007

Hi Salsa,

So, you have opened the folder in Windows, and verified that the file is indeed still present?
But when you browse to the folder from within the Trados Open dialogue, you can't see it?

Check at the bottom of the dialogue box, if "all file types" is selected. Otherwise, Trados might filter out certain types so that any*.ini is not visible.

Otherwise, you should be able to find the ini files on the Trados CD as well, just drag-drop it back to the correct place.

/Jan

Chancexpression  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:04
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Than you! Nov 13, 2007

Hi Jan,

Thank your for helping me!

Everything is fine now, I just don't know I can I make this file the default one! Does anyone know? It has to be defined otherwise Tageditor shows a message informing that there is no settings for the file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

restore HTML4.ini file in tageditor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums