Thread poster: Gabriela De Francesco
Gabriela De Francesco
Gabriela De Francesco
Argentina
Local time: 16:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2007

Multiterm (Trados 5.5) won't run. It displays the same error message if I try to open a memory, import a txt file or whatever. Has anyone had this problem? I don't know how to make it work!

Thanks!

Pavel Blann
Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:57
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
what... Nov 13, 2007

memory? pls provide more details like what termbase file (where did you get from, what version, ...) are you trying to open in what mode (admin or shared). did it work before? or have you started to use mt 5.5, in what environment, etc. etc.

Gabriela De Francesco
Gabriela De Francesco
Argentina
Local time: 16:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More info Nov 14, 2007

I was trying to create a termbase in Multiterm (the version I'm working with is Trados 6.5, Multiterm is 5.5). It used to work, but then we had to format the whole computer and reinstall Trados, and since then, it hasn't worked.

It opens saved termbases, but they seem to be empty (no term appears), and when I import a txt file, the same message appears ("The index for this language is empty"). I'm working with the admin mode, in Windows XP.

Please, let me know if more
... See more
I was trying to create a termbase in Multiterm (the version I'm working with is Trados 6.5, Multiterm is 5.5). It used to work, but then we had to format the whole computer and reinstall Trados, and since then, it hasn't worked.

It opens saved termbases, but they seem to be empty (no term appears), and when I import a txt file, the same message appears ("The index for this language is empty"). I'm working with the admin mode, in Windows XP.

Please, let me know if more info is needed. Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm error: "The index for this language is empty"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »