Mobile menu

Creating tags in TagEditor
Thread poster: iamsara

iamsara
Local time: 05:32
English to Spanish
Nov 13, 2007

Hi, I´m translating a document with multiple tags and they all have the same structure (
  • ABC
  • 123). These tags are for a videogame and can be found throughout the text.

I’d like to know if there’s an "easy" way to set up TagEditor so that it recognizes them as tags and not as text.

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

• Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
    Czech Republic
    Member (2005)
    English to Czech
    I don't think... Nov 13, 2007

...you can create arbitrary tags for tageditor, which only supports a limited number of file formats via import filters.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
    Germany
    Member (2003)
    Polish to German
    + ...
    What is your original format? Nov 13, 2007

Which ini file is used?
    You can modify your ini file (or better create a new one, based on that you have) and then reimport the original format.
    However, if the original format was rtf/doc, you'll do what you need easier in Word.
    When you don't have the original source format you're lost, as then you cannot change anything AFAIK.

Jerzy

iamsara
    English to Spanish
    TOPIC STARTER
    Thanks Pavel and Jerzy... Nov 14, 2007

...the original format is excel, although I´m copying the cells in word and translating with TagEditor. I´m not sure what .ini file I´m using, sorry. I´ve taken a look to the .ini files for all the tags configuration options and I can´t see where I can add my new tags.

Basically, what I want is to leave those tags untouched, and it doesn´t matter whether I do it in word or in any other program.

Finally, Jerzy, what do you mean with "When you don't have the original source format"? What would the original source format be?

Thanks again

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
    Czech Republic
    Member (2003)
    English to Czech
    + ...
    Non-translatable style Nov 14, 2007

You need to apply a non-translatable style to the tags in the source text copied to Word. Then you can translate the document in Word or TagEditor, whatever you prefer.

You will find more information in the forums, just search for "tw4winInternal" and "tw4winExternal".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating tags in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
    The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
    Déjà Vu X3
    Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
    • All of ProZ.com
    • Term search
    • Jobs