https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/89255-creating_tags_in_tageditor.html

Creating tags in TagEditor
Thread poster: iamsara
iamsara
iamsara
Local time: 22:52
English to Spanish
Nov 13, 2007

Hi, I´m translating a document with multiple tags and they all have the same structure (
  • ABC
  • 123). These tags are for a videogame and can be found throughout the text.

I’d like to know if there’s an "easy" way to set up TagEditor so that it recognizes them as tags and not as text.

Thanks in advance

• Pavel Blann
    Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
    Czech Republic
    English to Czech
    SITE LOCALIZER
    I don't think... Nov 13, 2007

...you can create arbitrary tags for tageditor, which only supports a limited number of file formats via import filters.

Jerzy Czopik
    Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
    Germany
    Member (2003)
    Polish to German
    + ...
    What is your original format? Nov 13, 2007

Which ini file is used?
    You can modify your ini file (or better create a new one, based on that you have) and then reimport the original format.
    However, if the original format was rtf/doc, you'll do what you need easier in Word.
    When you don't have the original source format you're lost, as then you cannot change anything AFAIK.

Jerzy

iamsara
    iamsara
    English to Spanish
    TOPIC STARTER
    Thanks Pavel and Jerzy... Nov 14, 2007

...the original format is excel, although I´m copying the cells in word and translating with TagEditor. I´m not sure what .ini file I´m using, sorry. I´ve taken a look to the .ini files for all the tags configuration options and I can´t see where I can add my new tags.

Basically, what I want is to leave those tags untouched, and it doesn´t matter whether I do it in word or in any other program.

Finally, Jerzy, what do you mean with "When you don't have the origi
    ... See more
    ...the original format is excel, although I´m copying the cells in word and translating with TagEditor. I´m not sure what .ini file I´m using, sorry. I´ve taken a look to the .ini files for all the tags configuration options and I can´t see where I can add my new tags.

Basically, what I want is to leave those tags untouched, and it doesn´t matter whether I do it in word or in any other program.

Finally, Jerzy, what do you mean with "When you don't have the original source format"? What would the original source format be?

Thanks again
    Collapse

Hynek Palatin
    Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
    Czech Republic
    Member (2003)
    English to Czech
    + ...
    Non-translatable style Nov 14, 2007

You need to apply a non-translatable style to the tags in the source text copied to Word. Then you can translate the document in Word or TagEditor, whatever you prefer.

You will find more information in the forums, just search for "tw4winInternal" and "tw4winExternal".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating tags in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
    Trados Business Manager Lite
    Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »