Mobile menu

XML: Inserting processing instructions in ttx files
Thread poster: RWSTranslation

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 05:03
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2007

Hello,

is there someone who know how i can insert processing instructions in ttx files via the customized toolbar ?

Thanks

Hans


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:03
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
What sort of processing instructions Nov 20, 2007

DSC wrote:

Hello,

is there someone who know how i can insert processing instructions in ttx files via the customized toolbar ?

Thanks

Hans


Can you give us more details please? Who needs these processing instructions? TagEditor or your client?

Will TagEditor understand and process them or are they needed for some other purpose?

Regards,

Piotr


Direct link Reply with quote
 

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 05:03
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
process instructions Nov 20, 2007

Hi,

process instructions are a special standard type of elements in a xml file. They can be used for forcing the publishing tool to do somethind like to insert a new line or to define a hyphenation point in a word.

The standard format of a process instruction is: < ?Tag_Text? >

There is the problem. In the documentation of Tados i have only found the definition of the view of process instructions in TagEditor.

My goal is to allow the translator to insert new process instructions in the target text.

My first approach was to define the process instruction as a standalone tag. But then Tageditor insert the new "Tag" in the following form: < ?Tag_Text?/ >. This ok for a standalone Tag, but it seems that the publish engine is not able to process this with the additional slash.

I don't found a possibility to add a process insatruction directly to the customizable toolbar in Tageditor because there it is only possible to add tags and entitiys to one of the free symbols.

Greetings

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:41]

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:51]

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:51]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try editing the INI file manually Nov 21, 2007

DSC wrote:

Hi,

process instructions are a special standard type of elements in a xml file. They can be used for forcing the publishing tool to do somethind like to insert a new line or to define a hyphenation point in a word.

The standard format of a process instruction is: < ?Tag_Text? >

There is the problem. In the documentation of Tados i have only found the definition of the view of process instructions in TagEditor.

My goal is to allow the translator to insert new process instructions in the target text.

My first approach was to define the process instruction as a standalone tag. But then Tageditor insert the new "Tag" in the following form: < ?Tag_Text?/ >. This ok for a standalone Tag, but it seems that the publish engine is not able to process this with the additional slash.

I don't found a possibility to add a process insatruction directly to the customizable toolbar in Tageditor because there it is only possible to add tags and entitiys to one of the free symbols.

Greetings

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:41]

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:51]

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:51]


I tried adding a normal tag to a custom bottom. Then I edited the INI file with a text editor and changed the tag assignation to a processing instruction and it seems to do the trick.

Did you try editing the INI file manually?

Daniel


Direct link Reply with quote
 

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 05:03
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 21, 2007

dgmaga wrote:


I tried adding a normal tag to a custom bottom. Then I edited the INI file with a text editor and changed the tag assignation to a processing instruction and it seems to do the trick.

Did you try editing the INI file manually?

Daniel


Thanks Daniel,

did not beleave, that i can insert not defined Tags in the ini file, but it works.

Regards

Hans


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML: Inserting processing instructions in ttx files

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs