RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 19:17
German to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2007

Hello,

is there someone who know how i can insert processing instructions in ttx files via the customized toolbar ?

Thanks

Hans

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
What sort of processing instructions Nov 20, 2007

DSC wrote:

Hello,

is there someone who know how i can insert processing instructions in ttx files via the customized toolbar ?

Thanks

Hans

Can you give us more details please? Who needs these processing instructions? TagEditor or your client?

Will TagEditor understand and process them or are they needed for some other purpose?

Regards,

Piotr

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
process instructions Nov 20, 2007

Hi,

process instructions are a special standard type of elements in a xml file. They can be used for forcing the publishing tool to do somethind like to insert a new line or to define a hyphenation point in a word.

The standard format of a process instruction is: < ?Tag_Text? >

There is the problem. In the documentation of Tados i have only found the definition of the view of process instructions in TagEditor.

My goal is to allow the translator
... See more
Hi,

process instructions are a special standard type of elements in a xml file. They can be used for forcing the publishing tool to do somethind like to insert a new line or to define a hyphenation point in a word.

There is the problem. In the documentation of Tados i have only found the definition of the view of process instructions in TagEditor.

My goal is to allow the translator to insert new process instructions in the target text.

My first approach was to define the process instruction as a standalone tag. But then Tageditor insert the new "Tag" in the following form: < ?Tag_Text?/ >. This ok for a standalone Tag, but it seems that the publish engine is not able to process this with the additional slash.

I don't found a possibility to add a process insatruction directly to the customizable toolbar in Tageditor because there it is only possible to add tags and entitiys to one of the free symbols.

Greetings

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:41]

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:51]

Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try editing the INI file manually Nov 21, 2007

DSC wrote:

Hi,

My goal is to allow the translator to insert new process instructions in the target text.

My first approach was to define the process instruction as a standalone tag. But then Tageditor insert the new "Tag" in the following form: < ?Tag_Text?/ >. This ok for a standalone Tag, but it seems that the publish engine is not able to process this with the additional slash.

I don't found a possibility to add a process insatruction directly to the customizable toolbar in Tageditor because there it is only possible to add tags and entitiys to one of the free symbols.

Greetings

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-20 19:41]

I tried adding a normal tag to a custom bottom. Then I edited the INI file with a text editor and changed the tag assignation to a processing instruction and it seems to do the trick.

Did you try editing the INI file manually?

Daniel

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 21, 2007

dgmaga wrote:

I tried adding a normal tag to a custom bottom. Then I edited the INI file with a text editor and changed the tag assignation to a processing instruction and it seems to do the trick.

Did you try editing the INI file manually?

Daniel

Thanks Daniel,

did not beleave, that i can insert not defined Tags in the ini file, but it works.

Regards

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML: Inserting processing instructions in ttx files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »