Tag not match in TM and properties file.
Thread poster: luweiy
luweiy
English
Nov 21, 2007

I am working on a properties file, which has html tag such , etc. as value. Also someone built a translation memory in SDLX, which trades those tags as translable content.

Now if i apply this TM on properties file in Trados Workbench. Any segment with html tag can not be recognize, therefore no match for these segments. Does anyone know how to disable html tag in Trados Workbench?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:51
English to Swedish
+ ...
Customize the Filter Settings Nov 22, 2007

luweiy wrote:

I am working on a properties file, which has html tag such "a href" etc. as value. Also someone built a translation memory in SDLX, which trades those tags as translable content.

Now if i apply this TM on properties file in Trados Workbench. Any segment with html tag can not be recognize, therefore no match for these segments. Does anyone know how to disable html tag in Trados Workbench?

Hi Luweiy,

Did you check the SDL Trados Filter Settings?! They are found under the Start Menu in Windows.

Under "Java Resource filter settings" you can customize and configure how the tags and values should be interpreted, and you can mark certain tags as external, so they won't be counted by TagEditor.

Play around with these settings, and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

/Jan

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag not match in TM and properties file.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums