Multiterm7 asking to save changes
Thread poster: mikesh
mikesh
mikesh  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:34
Nov 25, 2007

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Everytime I close Word 2000, I get a prompt asking if changes should be saved in Multiterm7. It looks like I have an open file under the closed Word file that to me seems to be some Multiterm template??? Meaning that when the Word file closes, there is an open file under that coming up with this question. My question si whether I should confirm or reject the change? So far I have been rejecting it, but not sure what impact it can have?
... See more
Could anyone help me with this issue?

Everytime I close Word 2000, I get a prompt asking if changes should be saved in Multiterm7. It looks like I have an open file under the closed Word file that to me seems to be some Multiterm template??? Meaning that when the Word file closes, there is an open file under that coming up with this question. My question si whether I should confirm or reject the change? So far I have been rejecting it, but not sure what impact it can have?

Another problem I have is that I cannot close the Workbench normalyy, it always comes up with some error messages before it closes, some figures ending with "null". Is this normal? No troubleshooting in the manual (

Thank you so much for your suggestions
Jelena
Collapse

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:34
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Save on close Nov 25, 2007

I use the version of MultiTerm that came with Trados 6.5.5, and the same thing happens when I go to shut down the program.

I think what it's asking you to save is a project file, which indicates a set of termbases that you want to have open simultaneously for a particular project. I doesn't affect whether or not your new term entries are saved. When it asks, I always say "no" and the program closes without problems.

As for the problem you're having with Workbench, I've
... See more
I use the version of MultiTerm that came with Trados 6.5.5, and the same thing happens when I go to shut down the program.

I think what it's asking you to save is a project file, which indicates a set of termbases that you want to have open simultaneously for a particular project. I doesn't affect whether or not your new term entries are saved. When it asks, I always say "no" and the program closes without problems.

As for the problem you're having with Workbench, I've never seen that error before.
Collapse

mikesh
mikesh  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:34
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 26, 2007

Dear Steven,

yes this is what I have been doing and it does not seem to cause any problems. As for the workbench, it closes after the error message, too, I just do not like the feeling that there is something wrong. But as long as it works, I probably should not worry too much

Thank you very much!!!!

Jelena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm7 asking to save changes

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »