https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/90253-how_to_import_%2Atxt_file_in_multiterm_55_.html

How to import *.txt file in Multiterm 5.5 ?
Thread poster: Cecile Delacour
Cecile Delacour
Cecile Delacour  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:30
Dutch to French
+ ...
Nov 25, 2007

Good evening,
I have started using Trados again after a few (happy) years of non-use, so I am a bit lost. Sorry if I ask a stupid question, but I have a translation that should be ready tomorrow around 3pm Dutch time and Im a bit in panic.
I am using Trados 7 SDL (the latest version I just bought and download) and an older version of Multiterm (5.5). Now I got from the agency I work for a text file (*.txt) that seems to be an uncleaned translated file with words I could use in the ne
... See more
Good evening,
I have started using Trados again after a few (happy) years of non-use, so I am a bit lost. Sorry if I ask a stupid question, but I have a translation that should be ready tomorrow around 3pm Dutch time and Im a bit in panic.
I am using Trados 7 SDL (the latest version I just bought and download) and an older version of Multiterm (5.5). Now I got from the agency I work for a text file (*.txt) that seems to be an uncleaned translated file with words I could use in the new translation. It looks like that:

Algemeen
Généralités

20082007, 14:51:26
KOOPMAN
Voorkom contaminatie, zoals microbacteriën:
Prévenez toute contamination, par exemple par les bactéries\~:

How can I import this in order to create a memory?
Thanks
Cecile
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Workbench: File - Import Nov 25, 2007

Hi Cecile,
You shouldn't use TM code in the forums, as the pointed brackets are misinterpreted.

I am using Trados 7 SDL (the latest version I just bought and download) and an older version of Multiterm (5.5). Now I got from the agency I work for a text file (*.txt) that seems to be an uncleaned translated file with words I could use in the new translation.

You received an export file, which you can import into a new (or an existing) TM, but not in MultiTerm.

Regards,
Ralf

Cecile Delacour
Cecile Delacour  Identity Verified
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 25, 2007

Thank you Ralf!
Sorry about the misuse of special characters, I didnt know it could be a problem on the forum. My problem is solved in any case,
Cecile

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import *.txt file in Multiterm 5.5 ?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »