Mobile menu

TagEditor: converting ttx back to xls files
Thread poster: Randon
Local time: 13:28
Nov 29, 2007

We are having a problem converting back to the original file after running the tag editor. The error message says "the worksheet contains a function. therefore the sheet name could not be changed for the follwing sheet." Any and all quick help would be greatly appreciated!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-11-29 23:51]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Excel file conversion from TagEditor by using SDLX etc. Nov 30, 2007

I have had a number of troubles converting files from TagEditor. I managed in a number of ways [based on specific problem]
1. Do translation in TagEditor again. It is easy since the TM has been updated even file conversion fails.
2. Do translation in SDLX by using Trados TM file. This is easy for SDLX Trados 2006 or later.
3. Copy target texts from TagEditor and paste into Excel file [if the Excel file is not too large/not too complicated].
4. Create TagEditor from source Excel file. Convert to SDLX edit file. Translate with the same TM and convert back to TagEditor. Use Workbench to clean the file back into Excel file.
5. If procedures fail, run QA Check in TagEditor for any missing tags etc.
6. Translate Excel file by using the same TM and Wordfast.
7. Translate Excel file by using the same TM and Trados T-Windows fof Clipboard.
Soonthon L.

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Workbench Nov 30, 2007

Have you tried cleaning it with Workbench?
Go to Tools > Clean up > Add ... and then Clean. Sometimes it works, but make a copy of the file first.

Local time: 13:28
Thank You Nov 30, 2007

Thank you both. I will give it a try and see what happens. I am working with MS Office 2007 and Trados ver. 8. Should that matter? Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: converting ttx back to xls files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs