Sara Mullin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:21
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 30, 2007

Hi everyone,
I did a forum search and saw that someone already asked this question, but as no answer was provided, I'd like to ask the question again.

I'm trying to open a new project using Synergy. I'm going through the Wizard Steps, and everything is fine until I try to add a termbase. A window briefly opens (which does not contain any of my termbases), and then I immediately get a fatal error message saying that Synergy must close. Also, everything that I've entered up to this point is lost.

It seems that I am not the only one who has experienced this. Has anyone figured out why this happens? Or how it can be avoided?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Sara

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
known issue in 826 (SP1), no repairs yet Nov 30, 2007

Sara Mullin wrote:

I'm trying to open a new project using Synergy. I'm going through the Wizard Steps, and everything is fine until I try to add a termbase. A window briefly opens (which does not contain any of my termbases), and then I immediately get a fatal error message saying that Synergy must close. Also, everything that I've entered up to this point is lost.

Sorry to say this: it's a bug in 826 that hasn't yet been fixed (by SDL). Going back to 822 is an option (works there) or adding your termbases 'manually' in TWB after you've started translation through Synergy.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Syngery gives fatal error message when I try to open a TDB

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs