Mobile menu

Much higher price when trying to make a payment (TGB)
Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:49
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2007

Finally I have decided to buy Trados so I joined the latest TGB and now I want to pay however when it comes to paying I am asked to pay Ł866 instead of Ł395. I have no idea why

Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Kind Regards
Stanislaw

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:49
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Other buying options Dec 1, 2007

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

Finally I have decided to buy Trados so I joined the latest TGB and now I want to pay however when it comes to paying I am asked to pay Ł866 instead of Ł395. I have no idea why

Kind Regards
Stanislaw

If you can still withdraw from the purchase I can point you to an authorized reseller in Poland where you can buy SDL Trados 2007 Freelance (with a manual in Polih) + Multiterm Extract + SDL PhraseFinder + SDL certification for half that price. Please contact me off the list, as I don't know if I can provide their details here.

Regards,

Piotr

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:49
SITE FOUNDER
The price advertised would certainly be available Dec 2, 2007

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

Kind Regards
Stanislaw

Whatever price was advertised, it would certainly still be available. I will send Drew this link (he runs our TGB offers), and I am sure he will square things away for you.

I see that you have used the support system in the past. For this type of issue, too, entering a support ticket is the best way to get help from ProZ.com staff.

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
TGB Price offer deadline passed Dec 2, 2007

Hello Stanislaw. Unfortunately, the deadline to make payment and receive the discounted TGB price was 24:00 GMT on 11-30-07. That deadline was communicated via the TGB emails sent on 11-26-07 and again on 11-28-07.

I will contact SDL on your behalf and see if we can extend that deadline for you. I will contact you directly when I have confirmation of a possible extension.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen

United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Deadline Dec 2, 2007

Dear Henry and Drew,

First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate your help and your quick reaction. I did not submit a support ticket because I thought that the problem is mostly on the side of the SDL Trados.

I must say that I am surprised bu that deadline -the offer was meant to be valid until there are 100 participants - I have joined as the 100th person and tried to make a payment immediately (less than 15 minutes after I have joined this TGB).

I have even seen at first the correct price but when I got to the basket it has been already GBP 866. I have just checked the email with confirmation of my registration with SDL Trados Technologies received 6 minutes after the midnight - so it is possible that I have started transaction just before midnight and was going to finish it already on the 1st of December (at least according to GMT).

Dear Piotr,

At the moment as I will wait and see what happens with this TGB, if it does not work out than I will contact you to ask for details (I may even do it anyway as it's very likely that I will soon need more than just one workstation with Trados).

Kind Regards

Stanislaw

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Extension Granted Dec 4, 2007

Dear Stanislaw, I have been able to secure an extension with SDL - I will resend you the payment link via email and you will have until GMT 18:00 on Thursday 12-6-07 to complete your payment.

Regarding the deadlines, please do note that the TGB indicated that the sale will be available until 11-19-07 or 100 participants have joined - as of 11-19-07 we did not have 100 participants, but the sale was over as we passed the close date. All that joined prior to 11-19-07 were given 11 days to complete payment, but as you joined after the official close date, you were not able to be given the same duration of time. Never the less we have made special arrangements for you to complete your purchase in the next 48 hours.

Thanks for purchasing through ProZ.com

Drew MacFadyen

United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Dec 4, 2007

48 h is more than I need,

Best Regards
Stanislaw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Much higher price when trying to make a payment (TGB)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs