Mobile menu

Translating Headers/Footers
Thread poster: Surtees
Surtees
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2007

Hi!

When using TraDos with Word, I usually work in 'normal' (as opposed to 'print') view.

However, I am now translating the headers and footers, for which I need to work in 'print' view. This is normally not a problem, but in this case just about every page is a different 'section' with its own customised header and footer, many of them quite complex, and the document is over 150 pages long.

This means that it is taking forever, as every time I open/close a segment, Word 're-formats' (in Spanish it appears as 'Word está repaginando').

Is there any way to speed it up?

I'm using Word 2003, TraDos 7.0 and Windows XP, if that's of any relevance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:47
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Use TagEditor Dec 1, 2007

Hi!

Using TagEditor instead of Trados Workbench with Word saves you a lot of trouble.

Kind regards,
Erik

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 05:47
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
T-Windows for Clipboard Dec 2, 2007

T-Windows for Clipboard is rarely used.
It is quite helpful in special situations e.g. the place where Trados is generally complicate to use. [In your case, TagEditor is applicable, however.]
Regards,
Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Headers/Footers

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs